MurFREESBORO COMMUNITY PHOTO SHOW
Thank you for your interest in Focus on the Boro, the Murfreesboro Community Photo Show! Our purpose for this photography event is to inspire the community to get out and take pictures, experience a fun and friendly competition, and have the opportunity to exhibit and enjoy photography.
Focus on the Boro is open to photographers of all ages, styles, and experience levels. Each photographer may submit up to 3 images TOTAL. The 3 images may be in different categories or all in one category.
There are no restrictions as to content or editing; however, this is a family friendly event, therefore, photos should be appropriate for viewing by all ages and may be rejected for controversial content.
Images do not have to be taken in a specific time frame or location with the acceptation of the Murfreesboro category. Images for the Murfreesboro category must be taken in Murfreesboro, TN.
The categories for submission are as follows:
Adults (18 and older): A1. People, A2. Landscape, A3. Still life, A4. Animals, A5. Flora, A6. Architecture, A7. Sports/ action, A8. Abstract/special effects, A9. Murfreesboro
Youth (17 and younger): Y1. People, Y2. Landscape, Y3. Still life, Y4. Animals, Y5. Flora, Y6. Architecture, Y7. Sports/ action, Y8. Abstract/special effects, Y9. Murfreesboro
Images will be judged through two levels of competition.
1. Images (jpg, png.) must be first submitted online between February 1 - February 29, 2020, using the form below. Images will be judged at this level for overall quality, appropriate category, and general content.
By, or before March 2, 2020, photographers will be notified upon acceptance to the second round of judging and must then prepare to submit a printed, mounted photograph of each entry accepted. Suggestions will be offered with notification about printing options and locations.
Photographs must be 8 inches by 8 inches, 8 inches by 10 inches, or 8 inches by 12 inches, and must be mounted on foam core. (For reference, one 8x10 mounted photograph at Nations Photo Lab is about $8). These images must be delivered to the Rotunda of Murfreesboro's City Hall on Monday, March 30 2020 between 8 AM and 11 AM.
2. Printed images will be judged between March 31, 2020 - April 3, 2020, by a panel of guest judges. Prizes will be awarded for finalists in each category as well as over all best in show during a reception held on April 10, 2020 from 6 PM - 9 PM.
Photos will remain on exhibit though May 28, 2020 as part of the Focus on the Boro Community Photography Show. Images need to be picked up the the morning of Friday, May 29, 2020 between 8 AM and 11 AM. Any images not picked up, or arranged pick up for, will be considered donated to Focus on the Boro and Photography Connect Murfreesboro.
1. All entries must be original works.
2. All participants must be residents of Rutherford County, TN for at least part of the calendar year.
3. Hardware or velcro may be attached to photos for hanging purposes.
4. Every effort will be made to insure the safety of the photographs; however, Focus on the Boro, Photography Connect
Murfreesboro, the Rotunda at City Hall, all volunteers, employees, and judges are not responsible for loss or damage to any
5. Your submission grants permission to Photography Connect Murfreesboro to show your photographs in the Rotunda at City Hall from March 30, 2020 - May 28, 2020.
6. Your submission grants permission for you image to be used in news outlets and promotions for Focus on the Boro.
Your completed and submitted application serves as an acknowledgement that you have read, understand, and will comply with all the above requirements.